Re: Anybody watch Young Indy yesterday?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bewoulf from FPARK-244-108.usae.bah.com on September 19, 2000 at 15:37:12:

In Reply to: Anybody watch Young Indy yesterday? posted by Junior Jones on September 19, 2000 at 13:18:54:

: I watched Passion for Life yesterday on USA. (Actually last night on tape.) Did anyone else watch it?

: Before I was it, I was wondering how they would tie together the Africa and Paris segments. It turns out they didn't really bother. It was like watching two different movies. Of course many of the other movies are the same way, but this one seemed the worst.

: The Paris episode is one of the few where I really missed the Old Indy bookends. As I remember it, it took place at an art auction, and some Oriental bidders bought Picasso's Degas copy and then told Indy, "Someday we will have enough to buy a Picasso." That was great.

: Anyone have any other comments?

I agree, this was one of the ones that suffered by having the Old Indy bookends removed. The majority of the Old Indy bookends didn't add much, but there were a few examples:

Paris 1908 (as you already mentioned)
London 1916 (when Old Indy meets up with Old Vicky - great scene!)
German East Africa 1916 (When Indy recaps what happened to baby Bartelemy which convince sthe guy in the ER room to donate blood)
Petrograd 1917 (When Old Indy points out that he is the man in the photograph)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]