its been pissing me off since 89 too. glad someone agrees (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by harry from ppp533.bcpl.net on September 19, 2000 at 22:01:07:

In Reply to: a Last Crusade observation.... posted by Roses4jezabel@aol.com on September 19, 2000 at 04:57:32:

: I threw this one out already but never saw it posted, and it's bothered me since '89....
: During the tank chase in LC Indy falls from the roof of the tank and grabs onto the gun mounted on the side. The barrel is about five feet long, plus the end is splayed out from having exploded. He grabs very near the base, right against the side of the tank, yet somehow he manages to get his bagstrap looped AROUND the barrel. Sure, it adds a high level of suspense to the scene, considering that his freeing himself will keep him from being crushed against the cliff. The tank ends up veering off, saving him. Once out of danger he seems to have no trouble getting free, a feat that the film does not show us. This has always bothered me like you would not believe. It makes the scene look like a badly written, desperate attempt to squeeze in one more thrill. It's the equivalant of walking too near a flagpole and getting your bagstrap caught on the end of it. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]