Re: Could it be...Pilatus?--BINGO!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Freudenthal from ws126-252.critz.msstate.edu on September 19, 2000 at 22:06:11:

In Reply to: Could it be...Pilatus? posted by graml on September 19, 2000 at 21:47:14:

: Thanks for the heads up on the book! I just checked it and its on page 188. Like I said, I'm no expert on Nazi planes, but I suppose websites exist that can shed some light on this little gem of the Luftwaffe.
: -graml

: : I remember a picture of it in the "From Star Wars to Indy Jones" Lucasfilm book.. They had some odd name for it which I cant remember right now~ And I dont own the book to go check

With your tip, I checked out a Pilatus result that popped up in my search for Arado AR-96, and it gave a history of Pilatus, with the clue:

"The German influence was profound, and Pilatus' first military trainer, the P-2 which first flew in 1945, was clearly the product of this. Externally very similar to the Luftwaffe's Arado Ar-96 series, the larger P-2 used the same Argus As411 powerplant as the late model Ar-396, while it used second hand undercarriage and other items from the Flugwaffe's scrapped bf 109 Emils."
from http://www.sci.fi/~fta/aviat-4.htm

Then, I put in search for Pilatus PC-2, which gave us our plane, just follow the link below. And there is that non-circular rudder that is in the movies, along with the exhaust stacks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]