The Midwest gloves are just as authentic looking. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust14.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on September 20, 2000 at 20:16:07:

In Reply to: Re: Actually... posted by Indiana Shorty on September 20, 2000 at 04:51:30:

: : No one has ever really been able to prove exactly what make/model glove Indy wore, as they were not supplied to Ford by wardrobe. They had two distinguishing features, though; the thumb was separate from the palm and the middle and ring fingers had a seam at the base, on the palm side. There are a couple of sources out there that sell the 'theoretic' Indy glove, either Wells Lamont or Midwest from thirty bucks and up. I found a pair of Wells Lamont's at Menards with the necessary features for five bucks.

: The gloves Indy uses ARE the "Wells Lamont model 1123",how do i know? because i own the gloves(actually,i don't use them anymore)and if you look closely,you can see the gloves are the ones Indy uses(check out the Flying Wing fight and the Desert Truck chase)they seem to be VERY worn out,since they Noel Howard doesn't remember the gloves they might have been given to him by someone working on the set(thats why they probably look worn out,or they might have thrown the gloves around the streets of Cairo to make them look "indy-esque"!).The problem is,the 1123 gloves have been discontinued and you can only get them through Wells Lamont(or maybe you are lucky enough to find them in a nearby store!)and some people have trouble doing this. The best alternative is getting the Wells Lamont 1130 gloves,but since they look abit pale(a kind of cream color) you might have to throw abit of dirt on them or darken them using Pecards to make them look better.

: Note: To make them look more "Authentic" when wearing your wested(or FS or US Wings) jacket roll the end of the gloves abit(When Indy rides the Truck you can see the gloves have been rolled up.).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]