"Indiana Jimmie and the Dealings with Indytoo"....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust160.tnt1.somerset-west.or.da.uu.net on September 20, 2000 at 23:52:46:

In Reply to: So, what are you saying, Jimmie? (nm) posted by Patterson on September 20, 2000 at 16:07:59:

Well, first of all, let me define schill bidding for those who don't know what that is:

The person running the auction either has more than one ebay nick, and they,or a friend, bid a HUGE amount against thier item ( listed under another ebay nick ). But, for some reason, you CAN'T SEE THE BID. Then, as a tag, the person lists' the item at a rediculously low price - say, $.o1 -
and as you bid, suddenly there is another bid, always higher than yours.
This is used to avoid having to pay the extra charge for marking your auction with a reserve price.

I had NO IDEA what this was UNTIL I ran in to 'INDYTOO' on ebay (under another of his aliases). He had, at the time, at least three other ebay nick's. I bid on a headpiece once, when it was listed at $.01, WITH NO OTHER BIDS, and suddenly there was another bidder, and the price kept going up. I gave up at $30.00. Each of my bids was beaten by ONE CENT. With some detective work, I discovered the other bidders identity. That's right - the same guy.

I emailed ebay about this, and they pointed me in the direction of thier informational page, where I narrowed it down to possible 'Schill Bidding'......with a bit more detective work ( I won't go into for lengths' sake ), I believed that this person was pulling this scam. So I reported him. And he started a string of threatening emails. Which I turned over to the police, AND ebay. They soon stopped.

Forward to a couple of months later, when I saw another cool indy item on ebay (this time as Indytoo), and bid. Almost immediately I recieved an email notice that my bid was cancelled. With some more detective work, I found that 'Indytoo' was the same guy - now with FOUR ebay nick's - and then he started in again. Again, I reported him...not only to ebay, but to various other agencies, as well.

Not too long ago, I read an article in ebay magazine that discussed, in detail, schill bidders, and that the site, along with Yahoo and some others, were under investigation by the FBI for not coming down hard enough on schill bidders. Then I tried to find his other ebay nick's, and the only one that was still active was Indytoo.Hmmmm.....

Now, the very last thing I discovered is that HE DOES NOT MAKE MOST OF THE THINGS HE SELLS, as he claims in his auctions.

I don't post much here anymore, and I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I wanted to warn everyone about this guy.....

Well, thanks for listening to me rant...and I hope this helped.
Indiana Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]