Do you mean sim pilots?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Freudenthal from ws126-252.critz.msstate.edu on September 20, 2000 at 23:59:35:

In Reply to: Re: OT: A2 / WW2 Warbirds posted by Brachus on September 20, 2000 at 23:14:40:

I used to fly sims a lot in high school. My absolute favorite was Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe. My Dad and I would each do tours of duty, and compete to be the top ace. My Dad's plane of choice was the Horton flying wing, while I racked up over 90 kills in the Me-163. When flying in the USAAF, I don't know how many times I crossed Europe doing the old "engine on-engine off" gliding routine when I lost one of my fuel tanks, trying to glide my way home. Then came Aces Over Europe, which was really good.

I now have European Air War, which is excellent! There are those moments in the cockpit when it all seems so real, like I am looking at gun camera footage. But I don't play it much, as it takes a lot of time to fly missions.

The Sentimental Journey was the first B-17 I got to see up close. The most memorable B-17 event for me was when Aluminum Overcast came to a nearby town, and Dad pulled me out of school to go see it fly in. It was the first B-17 I ever saw fly. It was so beautiful, I shed a few tears.

: Was the B17 the Sentimental Journey? I was able to tour that one earlier this month. Rain kept away most other planes from the airshow tho ):
: Any WW2 armchair pilots out there either?

: : I've been a WWII history buff for many, many years and I love the
: : planes of that time as well as the clothes. In fact, we had and
: : air show here recently (in Cleveland) and had the chance to view
: : and tour a restored B-17 (and a bunch of other kick-butt aircraft).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]