How come...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lavardac from 193.227.223.1 on September 21, 2000 at 02:52:50:

there are so few pictures of Indy actually using his whip, whether for swinging from it or just delivering some punishment to those that deserve it? To me that was always the most fun to watch and I used to rewind the tape to see the whip sequences over and over again. These were my favorite scenes. I actually made a bullwhip of parachute cord that I could actually swing from, but it was no good for cracking (be indulgent, I was a lot younger then). I remember how impressed I was when I found out (after watching the scene frame by frame) that Indy disarmed the Thugee warrior wrapping the whip around the hilt section of the machete, very close to his hand. That was really something! Since then I've tried to persuade some of my friends to hold out a stick for me to disarm them with the whip, yet they usually were somewhat reluctant ("Trust me", I kept repeating, but that would not convince them). Maybe some day I'll put together an Indy whip training video, but first I have to find some willing victims, er, partners.
Cheers,
Lavardac

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: