I'm having trouble with them myself!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from nwptn1UBR1-5-hfc-0251-d8d856c7.rdc1.va.coxatwork.com on September 21, 2000 at 14:20:43:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom related question... posted by bud-arc on September 21, 2000 at 13:39:42:

The internet wasn't much of a help, but then I rarely trust any researcher who uses the internet. Wait a minute... Anyhow, your best bet may be your *gasp* local public library. In the reference section (remember your Dewey decimal system?) you'll probably find tons of books on religion/mythology. Glom onto a book of Hinduism (which the British used to spell "Hindooism". isn't that cute?) and see if they mention anything. You may also want to hunt around for info on either Kali or Bhavani (one of the avatars of Kali). The thugees used to sneak up behind folks and strangle them with scarves, all the while whispering the name of Bhavani (or Kali) into their victim's ear, so that the last thing he heard before he died was the name of the goddess for whom he was killed. Pretty creepy, no?
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]