Re: Important PB news, if you have a huge mellon like I do...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from 209.37.101.244 on September 22, 2000 at 12:09:46:

In Reply to: Important PB news, if you have a huge mellon like I do... posted by Roses4jezabel@aol.com on September 22, 2000 at 04:03:18:

I'm a 7 3/4 and Joe jr did the same thing. The thing to keep in mind is not to be concerned with the actual inches, regarding height and width, but really be looking at the ratios of height and width.

Harrison Ford has a much smaller head than some of us neanderthalls, so the 5.5" height is fine for him. However, if you apply the same thing to a larger head, then the hat does not appear to be the same height, tho actually it is. So therefore, Joe jr. is increasing the height of the crown, so that it looks correct in relation to the overall height. To follow that logic further, the ribbon should be a little wider too, but they only come in 1.5 and 2.0. I opted for the 1.5 because I like the tall crown look.

Confused? So am I, but I think it makes sense. As an aside, My hat was shipped yesterday, so I should have it by early next week.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]