Re: I'll be very interested to hear about the FS Indy Jacket in Horsehide myself.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on September 22, 2000 at 18:13:16:

In Reply to: I'll be very interested to hear about the FS Indy Jacket in Horsehide myself. posted by Michigan Smith on September 22, 2000 at 17:50:05:

Yes, I've owned a Wested lambskin, and had the FS prototype in lambskin to play around with. While the lamb is the authentic material, and the skins FS uses are very, VERY nice, the material itself just doesn't say "rugged" - to me, at least.

Currently, my closet has a Wested predistressed cowhide, a Cooper/Disney cowhide, and a US Wings kangaroo skin. All great jackets that I wear, abuse selectively, and cherish. Since receiving the roo skin, I've been itching to compare that material side by side with horsehide. The roo skin is basically bulletproof, and if the horsehide is everything I've heard, it ought to be interesting.

I've had a swatch of the mahogany veg tanned horsehide for about a week now. FS sent it to me, and I've been abusing it pretty well. THIS STUFF IS TOUGH! It's getting a bit of character to it, i.e. the grain is really coming out and looking great. The surface seems indestructible. I'm really looking forward to breaking in the jacket.

Someday I may pick up a lambskin Indy jacket somewhere. I'd love to find one of those Leather Concessionaires jackets in a size 48 Regular. If anybody has one - give me a shout!

SPEAKING of those original Leather Concessionaires jackets? Folks, I've recently SEEN one of those in person, and it had gussets! Funny, how sometimes the old brain doesn’t make some connections. I’d be surprised if the owner did not allow me to post pictures. Maybe it will jog Peter’s memory?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: