Found the answer

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 24, 2000 at 15:54:49:

In Reply to: Don't think that's right posted by Michaelson on September 24, 2000 at 15:44:40:

: : In fact Indy's hat is a "Trilby" according to the HJ website, and the information I have recieved from them.

: : As one of the posts below points out, the fedora is a flimsy littles thing and was considered the "poorman's Trilby". The trilby is somewhat more rigid, and looks dressier...but, as our man Indy has shown us, with a little beating - It can be a piece of every adventure.

: : Regards - Richiana

: I have one of their catalogs, and the "Trilby" style is actually a front to rear creased hat, but with only a 1 inch brim. The "Poet" is on a different page, comes with a 3 to 3 1/2" brim that can be dimensionally cut for the customer, and is classified as a "fedora", which is a broad brimmed hat with the fore to aft crease in the crown. In the original writings of these companies, they even stated that the Raiders fedora had been created from one of their stock derbys, but backed off of that claim when directly asked about that. All this is from their own catalog. Maybe they've moved this stuff around on their web page, but they are on completely different pages in their own catalog. Regards. Michaelson

I took a look at the page and compared it to the catalog. The "Trilby" (which is a specific styling of hat) is made FROM the "Poet", which is the wide brimmed hat in the center of the page. All the small pictures of hats that surround the larger picture are styles that can be made from the "Poet", so the Indy fedora isn't made from the Trilby, but both versions (Indy fedora style AND "Trilby" style) are both made FROM the Poet. The "Trilby" styled version can be seen in the upper left hand corner of the page. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]