A couple of home made ways...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nathan H. from proxy-1323.public.svc.webtv.net on September 25, 2000 at 12:19:42:

In Reply to: Movie Magic posted by Indiana Valdez on September 25, 2000 at 01:15:25:

: Me and my friends are getting ready to start the home movie project, and a good question was brought up today. How do movie crews make it look like somebody gets shot? The bullet-hit clothing, the fake blood spray, the whole nine yards???

Now, I cant reccomend that you do this, but it does work. Get a cheap paintball gun, and shoot someone with a red ball. My friends and I did it one time and it looks eerily real. A good idea would be to tape a couple layers of cardboard or something similar to your chest, (under your shirt of course), to numb the sting. Another quick way I remember only requires haloween makeup. You need flesh putty for scars and stuff, fake blood, black grease makeup, very thin fishing line, and thin but strong cardboard. This works best if the 'victim' is being shot in the head. One, in the spot you want him/her to get shot paint a small black circle. Two, start building up the putty around the dot, leaving an empty spot in the center so it looks like a hole in their head. Eventually it should look like a very flat volcano. You dont want it to look like a huge tumor on their forehead, so keep it as flat as possible. Now, for ths step thin cardboard was just a suggestion, anythng thin, flat and strong will do. Whatever you use, cut it into a tiny circle just big enough to fit inside of the hole in their head. Take one end of the fishing line, and either punch a hole in the center of the disc and tie on the line, or super glue it or both. Just as long as the fishing line is secured to the disc securely! Next, take the fake blood, and put a few drops into the hole, you might need to have the victim lie down so it doesnt run out, then take the disc and drop it into the hole over the blood, be carefull so it doesnt get all over. Now take a bit more of the flesh putty, and cover the bullet hole. Now the blood, and the disc should be encased in the putty with only the fishing line trailing out. When your ready to shoot just give the fishing line a good hard yank from off screen and it will pull the disc through the putty leaving a tiny black hole with blood running down the victims forehead. You might need to do a few takes to get it down, but thats hollywood. Basically, you get the same effect as when the driver of the tank gets shot in Last Crusade. Hope it works for you!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]