Re: Wish there were tour co. that specialized in Indy type of adventures...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gabby Jones from user-2inis3j.dialup.mindspring.com on September 25, 2000 at 19:37:07:

In Reply to: Wish there were tour co. that specialized in Indy type of adventures... posted by David on September 23, 2000 at 19:23:27:

Check out the ads in those "mystical" magazines like Magical Blend. They've got bare bone tours take will take you into Amazonian jungles, Hawaii, etc. Deserts like the Atacama or places like the Copper Canyon of northern Mexico. You can run around in Mayan and Inca ruins looking for shamans and ducking revolutionaries. I've taken a couple of these "tours" myself. There's nothing more Indy than flying over the Andes in those DC-10's. I prefer the "mystical" stuff because it's more like the real Indy. Where else are you going to find the Holy Grail, or golden idols if you don't throw some searches for "power" objects or sacred temples. The last time I was in Peru I went to a festival at Q'olloriti deep in the mountains on horseback and the cook had a machine gun in with the potatoes! This was when the Shining Path revolutionaries were still active. Or go on your own down the border between Mexico and Guatemala. There's a place called the Lagunas de Montebello where the lakes change color. Beneath the water Mayan temples lie submerged. Real Indy fun plus iant bugs, guns and snakes at no extra charge. If you're real lucky you'll get thrown from your horse! When that happens I wait until no one's around before I cry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]