Middle-earth comes to Indy?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from dialup1-51.uplogon.com on August 16, 1998 at 23:12:14:

In Reply to: Re: Indy in Middle-Earth via ??? posted by Aragorn on August 16, 1998 at 21:12:57:

: : I know quite a few of us out there in the forum (Aragorn, Elendil, and myself spring to mind - if there are others, go ahead and make yourselves known) would LOVE to see an Indy+Middle-Earth movie, or maybve even a book. But, how could we get him to Middle-Earth? Gandalf summons a warrior? Indy jumps through the pages of the book? Revealed as Tom Bombadil? Looking for creative, yet serious sugeestions, puh-lease.

: With apologies to Tolkien, suppose that Morgoth somehow escaped from the abyss in which he had been inprisoned and made his way to Valinor before going on to Earth in a ruthless quest to regain the Silmarils. The third and last somehow falls into Indy's possession, and it's up to him to protect it. It wouldn't put Indy in Middle Earth, but it would involve him with some of the characters and the mythology.

: Aragorn

How about Indy out on a dig and he stumbles across incredibly ancient evidence of the ancient world of Middle-earth? Not sure where that idea could go, but it's a thought. Another idea you might consider is that Tolkien was actually still working on the books around Indy's adventuring years. Maybe Indy could meet him, and somehow be responsible for something in the stories? :) Or was Tolkien actually recording something that happened in real life, long ago?

And for the record, I don't condone "official" crossovers, just fanfic ones!

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]