Re: Here's a pic of my Peters Brothers hat:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from 209-162-48-171.thegrid.net on September 27, 2000 at 17:10:41:

In Reply to: Here's a pic of my Peters Brothers hat: posted by Dakota Ellison on September 27, 2000 at 17:07:45:

: : : : Hi everyone,

: : : : I finally got my camera working again. I put up some pics of my hat that I took when I first got it. I am really satisfied with the quality of the hat and the service from Joe. Great experience all the way around.

: : : : Hit the link below to see them.

: : : : Thanks,

: : : : John D

: : : Looks like my hat's twin brother. Actually, ours were the first two done I think. I don't count the one with the tear drop crown. I'll try to post a pic of mine. What are the dimensions on yours, by the way?
: : : Cheers!

: : : Ellison

: : Thanks Dakota,

: : Yes, Joe was working on or hats at the same time. We were the pioneers! Anyway, my hat has 2 7/8 front and back, 2 3/4 on the sides. The crown is 5 3/4 with the bash pushed up (although I had asked for the full 6"). 4 3/4 at the front pinch, 5 1/4 at the sides, 4 3/4 at the back bash. I wear a 7 5/8.

: : Looks great even though the crown was a little shorter than I had asked for. Also, the brim is turned down in the back, I had thought of changing it, but I like it better that way. One thing I might have changed is the ribbon, maybe a slightly darker brown. The movie hat was always dirty though, which would make the ribbon look way lighter.

: : John D

: Same specs as yours except my crown height is 5 7/8". I steamed and relaxed the brim a little and the felt isn't so stiff any more but this is one hat that holds its shape anyway. I would send it in for the white liner and maybe a double bow but I don't know if I can part with it for a week. I might have to do like Fedora and buy another one. Ol Joe Jr. is really doing a fine job with these hats. Eat your heart out, Herbert Johnson!
: Cheers!

: Ellison

Looks great! I like the Grail diary replica too.

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]