Re: Stay with Short Round

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jones from dialup-183.vegas.net on August 16, 1998 at 23:33:39:

In Reply to: Re: Stay with Short Round posted by Major Paul on August 15, 1998 at 23:58:39:

: : I agree with Steve. It would be better to bring back the original Short Round than to bring in some one new and have them just act like them. And it would further show that Indy is a regular human being that ages like the rest of us, having his sidekick, who was a kid when we last saw him, by his side all grown up this time.
: : But the thing that would have to change is the way we see Shorty. Before, he was a kid that followed where Indy went and took orders from him (even cheated at poker a bit). If they brought him back now, he'd be old enough to make his own decisions and go against the boss once in a while. That's my opinion, what's yours?

: : Indy

: : I second the motion. Bringing back the original "Short Round", albeit an older, wiser one, could provide some continuity to the ToD storyline. By including Allen and Connery, you could bring in many issues from the other two films and somehow unite all three. It's a smart move in terms of dealing with HF's age and showing that the other characters have grown up along with Indy. -MP

You hit the nail, right on the head. Thanks for making that clearer, Major.

Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]