Ok, I'm a jacket-junkie...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on September 28, 2000 at 15:53:06:

In Reply to: Pleats on Wested, Cooper, Flight Suits posted by California Smith on September 28, 2000 at 13:58:24:

On the Cooper/US Wings - I have an older Cooper/Disney with relatively shallow pleats. They do sit lower on the shoulder, so they still function fine. On my roo skin US Wings, the pleats are plenty deep - about 1.25 inches. Also, both US Wings/Coopers have the elastic band.

One note? When properly secured up top and on the bottom, when deep enough, and when the leather is properly selected (meaning it folds and drapes the way it ought to) the pleat will hold its shape over time and will function properly. I spent a bit of time discussing the proper selection of leather with Dave Marshall at Flight Suits. Dave is the Leather Products manager, and he stressed to me that they go to great pains to select the skins that have the proper folding characteristics. He stressed that if mine does not fold and drape properly, that they'll re-cut the jacket - that's part of the guarantee, folks.

Anyway, it's nice to be able to discuss this stuff without getting jumped on - thanks guys!

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: