New to the board, wanted to ask/discuss a few things.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Solo4114 from AC817AB0.ipt.aol.com on September 28, 2000 at 17:55:41:

Hi there! I'm new to the board, but not to Indy costumes. Did my first one for Halloween two years ago. I have since significantly upgraded the costume, by getting a better hat, a Wested jacket (my pride and joy), and just recently winning an auction on Yahoo! for a replica Browning Hi-Power. Yep. You read that right. Bet you never expected to see one of those! I know I sure didn't...

Anyway, my first order of business is guns. Specifically, replicas. I don't particularly want to go through the hassle of actually buying a real gun, and replicas are cheaper anyway. So, my question is this: are there any decent replicas of Indy's revolvers or revolvers close to Indy's out there? I've found one guy on e-bay who sells (through his website) replica K-frames, but, while these look great, they have no moving parts, which is kind of a bummer to me. Also, I've been looking around at real guns (in case I change my mind on this issue), and came across old S&W M&P Victory model revolvers in .38. I was wondering if you gun gurus out there would be able to tell me how much of a deviation from the actual gun these would be? IE: would they be noticeably smaller in frame size, significantly lighter in weight, etc? Just curious.

Second, has anyone noticed lately that Sentimental Journey no longer sells the bag? From visiting their page recently, it doesn't look like they sell Indy's bag anymore. Just curious.

Finally, I urge everyone to, if you have the dough, buy a Wested. I just want to add my voice to the already significant number of happy customers. Service with them was a breeze, they shipped it promptly, and the quality is absolutely spectacular. Also, it looks good just to wear as a jacket, and not as part of the costume! :)

Well, that's it for now. I'm sure I'll post more and jump in on various discussions as time wears on.

Dan Shay

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]