Re: New to the board, wanted to ask/discuss a few things.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on September 29, 2000 at 12:38:41:

In Reply to: New to the board, wanted to ask/discuss a few things. posted by Solo4114 on September 28, 2000 at 17:55:41:

The Smith Victory would be smaller in frame size, though the outline of about all the Smiths compare about the same in appearance. I'd suggest you check out a Model 10 instead of that Victory, though, as the quality control varied from gun to gun when those were produced during the war. I had one that had one chamber bored incorrectly and sent one out of 6 rounds key holing down range after spitting lead out of both sides of the cylinder! If you were standing next to me when I shot that thing, you'd be picking out lead slivers out of your face ever time it fired that round. Needless to say, it got a very fast trading. Though considered a "collectable", I'd pass it over for a civilian version, which is the Model 10. Hope I helped ya some. Regards. Michaelson

: Hi there! I'm new to the board, but not to Indy costumes. Did my first one for Halloween two years ago. I have since significantly upgraded the costume, by getting a better hat, a Wested jacket (my pride and joy), and just recently winning an auction on Yahoo! for a replica Browning Hi-Power. Yep. You read that right. Bet you never expected to see one of those! I know I sure didn't...

: Anyway, my first order of business is guns. Specifically, replicas. I don't particularly want to go through the hassle of actually buying a real gun, and replicas are cheaper anyway. So, my question is this: are there any decent replicas of Indy's revolvers or revolvers close to Indy's out there? I've found one guy on e-bay who sells (through his website) replica K-frames, but, while these look great, they have no moving parts, which is kind of a bummer to me. Also, I've been looking around at real guns (in case I change my mind on this issue), and came across old S&W M&P Victory model revolvers in .38. I was wondering if you gun gurus out there would be able to tell me how much of a deviation from the actual gun these would be? IE: would they be noticeably smaller in frame size, significantly lighter in weight, etc? Just curious.

: Second, has anyone noticed lately that Sentimental Journey no longer sells the bag? From visiting their page recently, it doesn't look like they sell Indy's bag anymore. Just curious.

: Finally, I urge everyone to, if you have the dough, buy a Wested. I just want to add my voice to the already significant number of happy customers. Service with them was a breeze, they shipped it promptly, and the quality is absolutely spectacular. Also, it looks good just to wear as a jacket, and not as part of the costume! :)

: Well, that's it for now. I'm sure I'll post more and jump in on various discussions as time wears on.

: Dan Shay

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]