Re: WESTED alteration question....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Smith from 209.37.101.229 on September 30, 2000 at 10:54:07:

In Reply to: Re: WESTED alteration question.... posted by Kenal0 on September 30, 2000 at 10:03:23:

: I'm the one that had my Wested altered that way. My tailor was the one who suggested the placement, but it looks like it is about three inches down from the top of the pleat for the first wide elastic band. The next one is at about the 60 percent mark between the top of the pleat and the bottom of the jacket. Make sure the tailor makes the tension at just the right point. This is subjective, but basically have it to that when the jacket is hanging, the elastic maintins the shape of the pleat, without pulling it in too far. The only time the elastice should engage to maintain the pleat, is when you are stretching or moving your arms. For example, reaching behing you with your bullwhip to knock off a bunch of pesky tarantulas, or punching out a Nazi or two.

By the way, another good thing to do is to find a good G1 Navy jacket somewhere and examine where the elastic is placed on that jacket. That is what I had the tailor emulate.

Mine looks 100 percent better since I had the alteration done. I also had the sides tapered down for a better fit, but that is a story for another day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]