Re: Lambs, Horses, and Goats! Oh My!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from pool0016.cvx26-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on September 30, 2000 at 11:42:26:

In Reply to: Re: Flightsuit: The Hard Facts...Goathide? posted by Anejo Joe on September 30, 2000 at 10:58:32:

I saw Patterson's horsehide jacket. No offense, but it's not for me. It had a very tight grain and is very stiff compared to the other choices. It is very much like vinyl. Now I am very fond of horsehide when it comes to holsters. The stiff and slick attributes are favorable. It doesn't mar the finish on the gun. It also will last longer then you or I. Holsters made from horsehide from the civil war are as good today as they were then. But I will pass on horehide jackets. Just my two cents. One note on FS's horsehide:It is lighter and redder then the other hides. It maybe just the ones I saw. You will see in the pics on Monday. The goat and lamb look, feel and drape very similar. If you close your eyes and run the two raw pieces between your fingers, it is tough to distinguish between the two. The difference is very slight. The goat has more texture. Of course leather does not come out of a machine. There are variances. FS also has a New Zealand Lamb that I found interesting.It is a rich medium brown that is distressed. It not an Indy look. I mention it just because I like it. Would be great for a stylish A2. Pics of that on Monday as well.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]