Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on August 17, 1998 at 14:34:58:
In Reply to: Re: Indy Bag Items posted by Michaelson on August 17, 1998 at 10:51:17:
: : Has anyone ever discussed/speculated on which items Indy stored in his bag. I have seen a few possible ones in Raiders, like the Colt .45 he used in the bar, the brush and notepad used in the Well of Souls, and then the knife he was going to cut Marion's ropes with. I do not remember if he used a trowel in the books, but all archaelogists use them.
: : Does anyone have these items in their collection?
: Yes, there has been past discussions regarding bag contents, and I don't remember anything ever really getting finalized. I know of one item that I have used, but would be REAL careful in carrying in my bag is the trowel. They're pretty sharp and will poke a hole in your satchel if you're not careful. You know, one thing I have NEVER seen anyone ever mention is his silver pocket watch, mentioned in one of the novels about alchemy. Hope I spelled that correctly. There are a lot of little odds and ends that folks can speculate about, but can't really give a definative answer too. Regards. Michaelson
Well, here's my list, based on way too many viewings of the trilogy:
What we definitely see in the bag-Raiders
1. The drawstring bag
2. The drawstring bag filled with dirt
3. The brush
4. The notebook
5. A pencil
1. A Sankara stone
1. The grail diary
1. Small artifacts like the Staff of Ra, the Cross of Coronado, and the small pieces he gave Marcus after the idol disaster.
2. Ammunition. There really isn't anywhere else he could carry ammo, since the belt has no ammo holders or pouches.
3. The Colt .45. I only have the cropped video version, so I can't really see if he takes the .45 out of the bag, but this is the most plausible place to keep the sidearm.
4. The knife. We can't see if it comes from the bag or his pocket.
That's all I can think of right now.
Post a Followup: