Both are good hats...but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-193.col.cableone.net on October 01, 2000 at 11:54:44:

In Reply to: PB vs Miller hats posted by Dave Alexander on September 30, 2000 at 20:00:36:

: With the rainy season fast approaching, I'm finally in the market for a real hat. I've checked out both the Miller Indy's and the PB's.
: Does anyone have comments regarding both.

: Obviously PB are custom made but it seems to be the one to get nowadays. How are accuracys of the Millers?

: thanks in advanced

: Dave

I own a couple of Millers, and also a couple of PBs. And both are good choices for an Indy fedora. If you want the Raiders look, then forget about the Miller. Unless you send it off to Joe Peters to have it reblocked and styled, chances are you will never have that "look" that some of us fans really like. And the Miller requires major modifications as received to even simulate the LC look. Face it, the Miller is only the rough draft. If you enjoy making the mods yourself, then the Miller is the way to go. I used to enjoy doing this, but since I found PB, and they do it so much better than me, I have retired. If you decide to make the mods yourself, you might also want to take a look at the Akubra Campdraft in the medium brown from Hatsdirect. I own one of these too, and it is practically identical to the Miller, and it is a hat meant to be worn out of doors and abused. No powders to bleed out when it rains. Of course the PB doesn't have the blending powders in it either, which is pretty common in dress hats, and another plus for the PB. So, if you expect to get your hat wet, go for the Akubra or PB. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]