Don't worry, Elendil

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-239-14.snantx.swbell.net on August 17, 1998 at 18:01:46:

In Reply to: Re: Settle down tiger posted by Elendil on August 16, 1998 at 19:51:28:

: : : I think the Nazis are exponentially worse than the Thuggee. The Thuggee had human sacrifices, right? Well, ever hear of concentration camps? Ever hear of interspecies breeding experiments performed by the Nazis? Humans and monkies? The Thuggee worshipped an evil god, right? The Nazis worshipped the Evil One with every evil action they did, whether they knew it or not. The Nazis killed millions of people, in a manner much more horrific than being lowered into a volcano. They left them in concentration camps to rot away and be consumed alive by flies, rats, and all sorts of diseases spawned by the nonexistent hygiene of the camps. The Thuggee wanted to destroy all gods except their own and rule the world. The Nazis did the same thing, except that their god's name wasn't Kali, it was Hitler. There's another Spielberg movie you should watch to clarify this whole thing: "Schindler's List." Final verdict: Thuggee are evil. Their rites of worship are bizarre and horrific. The Nazis are Satan's elite. They worship him with every action they perform. Now, tell me, how are the Thuggee worse than the Nazis?

: : Woah, settle down, he's just saying that he'd like to see Indy fight some other evil group than the Nazis. I don't think anywhere did he state that the Nazis are less evil than the Thugee. Give him a break it's just a damn suggestion.

: Mithrandir states "Yes, good movie, and good point about departure from Nazis, but maybe they could have picked a less horrific group of villians (not that Nazis aren't dastardly in their own right). I take this to mean the Thugee are worse than the Nazis. I did not mean to insult Mithrandir, I only wished to make my convictions clear to all.

That's OK. What I meant was that we didn't need a shock-violence movie. For instance, he could have continued his private battle with Lao Che on another artifact. So no offense, Elendil. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Long live Middle-Earth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]