Re: Both are good hats...but...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-50.col.cableone.net on October 01, 2000 at 19:06:54:

In Reply to: Re: Both are good hats...but... posted by Dave Alexander on October 01, 2000 at 17:44:51:

: : I own a couple of Millers, and also a couple of PBs. And both are good choices for an Indy fedora. If you want the Raiders look, then forget about the Miller
: :And the Miller requires major modifications as received to even simulate the LC look.

: So even though Miller claims to have a "most" authentic hat from the movies (notice I say "most" not "the"), it sounds like it needs a litle adjustment. What about size specs, color etc,? How does it measure up?
: The only reason I ask is that I'm not totally sure i want to spend almost double the price. But if I winds up being a much better hat then i'm all for it.

: I have seen the recently posted pictures of the PBs' and they look great i must say.
: But it weighing the cost, lets see, hmmm, mortgage payment this month or hat, hmmmm.....
: let me check with the wife...

: Steve

In my book, there is nothing wrong with the Miller being a good Indy fedora. As a tribe, I like em. But basically what you get is a hat that needs to be shaped, both crown and brim, along with a ribbon change, and the brim being dimensionally cut. Major work there. The brim has what they call the atomic flange, and it is a big joke, as far as I'm concerned. You would have to iron the brim out flat, and then cut and reshape. If you get one, opt for the 2 3/4 inch brim size, and cross your fingers, because they have a bad habit of sending the 2 5/8 or worse, the 2 1/2. The color is mink, which is an acceptable match for "the fedora'. I will have to admit, that after the mods, depending on how you shape the crown, you can have a good TOD fedora or LC. I swore by the Miller prior to viewing PB's fedora. If money is the question here, go with the Miller, it's worth the price. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]