Re: Indy meets Gandalf...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mithrandir from ppp-207-193-239-14.snantx.swbell.net on August 17, 1998 at 18:28:09:

In Reply to: Re: Indy meets Gandalf... posted by Elendil on August 17, 1998 at 09:47:02:

: : : Elendil, Mithrandir, and any other Tolkien-Indyfans,

: : : Tolkien and Indy have already crossed together. If anyone has read the novel INDIANA JONES AND THE DANCE OF THE GIANTS by Rob MacGregor, you might remember a part toward the end, one page 224, when Indy runs into a certain wizard in Grey... or White.

: : : Aragorn

: : : I am pretty sure that Gandalf was mentioned in The Genesis Deluge, when Indy gets in the Ark.
: : Or maybe I am confusing it with the Dance of the Giants.

: Merlin appeared to Indy in both. In GIANTS he did state he would soon be reborn in literature as Gandalf, or something to that effect. In Deluge the old man who appears is hinted at to be Noah, but he uses words like "Hark." He also appeared in INDIANA JONES AND THE SEVEN VEILS. He saved Indy's life in all three appearances.

Well, let's say I appear to Indy in a later novel (or movie!) and whisk him back to Middle-Earth to recover, say, a Palantir that was stolen by a non-magical (Indy didn't like voodoo), evil, yet mortal being with an army of orcs (or whisked-away Nazis!). Or make it an immortal nemesis, like Holmes had Moriarty (I think he was immortal?).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]