Agreed...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 02, 2000 at 16:02:30:

In Reply to: Re: Misled by Wested? posted by Kenal0 on October 02, 2000 at 15:21:48:

: : Hi:
: : Well - I've been following the great jacket controversy and I have one question:

: : I purchased a 'Raiders' Wested in October of 1998 with the understanding that this was a jacket made from the original pattern with the same materials. I received the "Certificate of Authenticity"
: : with the jacket. Obviously now this gaurantee is not worth the paper it is printed on. What position are we in (I say we because I'm probably not alone) to demand our money back based on this?

: : I feel I was misled in my purchase, and I'd like to know what to do...

: : Any ideas?
: : Sean
: Were you happy with your jacket when you got it? What really has changed? The D rings are slightly different than the ones in a certain scene in the movie? The collar is not the exact shape as Fords was? How do you know the patterns are different? I am not trying to be a smart ass but we are talking about a jacket. I won't
: speak for anyone else but I paid $250 and I feel I got a jacket that looks pretty darn close to the jackets in the movie. Remember the way the jacket looks in real life and the way the director intended you to see it on the big screen could be significantly different.
: Just my $.02

I you're happy with what you have, and you only paid $250 for a custom made leather jacket, then there's really not that much to be said, IMHO. I personally dispute the accuracy, but I'm talking about details that quite frankly, most of you don't give a rip about, right?

Thw Wested is a great $250 jacket. In my opinion it used to be a better $250 jacket - but again IMHO. The FS is a great $450 jacket. You get what you pay for.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: