Yeah same here-- actually I hope it takes place in the 60's... then we'll see what it's like for Indy as a hippie, "Indiana Jones and the Lavalamp of Peril!"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent Allard from dial207.insolwwb.net on October 02, 2000 at 17:31:06:

In Reply to: I'm looking forward to having a sequel to talk about...(nm) posted by Patterson on October 02, 2000 at 16:04:32:

: : Did Spielberg and Lucas and Ford, and Mr. Botwright intend for us to pay THAT much attention, now, I'm glad of Pattersons efforts, I'm not sayin I'm not. But jeez, It's only a jacket, and a DAMNED good one at that... be happy... don't worry be happy! You weren't mislead, in fact I think Peter is probably doing his best to help us. So what if this is too short, that's too high, this is too long, and that's too fat.... I'm rather proud I can walk the halls of my job and wear it.... besides the jacket looks damn good. I'd be willing to bet money that Spielberg would never have believed there would be people like us who are so wrapped up in the project. Weren't we just a few months ago complaining that the SHOES, weren't the right COLOR????!!!!????!!!!?????!!!!!!!!!!????????? Next thing we'll be checking the shirts and finding out the pleats are shaped wrong. Hmm, it seems there will always be these tiny imperfections in everything, something makes it inevitable! Oh yeah I suddenly remember what that thrill is called when you make the call to wested to order the jacket, it the this-is-too-damned-early-in-the-morning-to-make-a-phone-call-to-london thrill! :)

: : Kent Allard

: :
: : : : Hi:
: : : : Well - I've been following the great jacket controversy and I have one question:

: : : : I purchased a 'Raiders' Wested in October of 1998 with the understanding that this was a jacket made from the original pattern with the same materials. I received the "Certificate of Authenticity"
: : : : with the jacket. Obviously now this gaurantee is not worth the paper it is printed on. What position are we in (I say we because I'm probably not alone) to demand our money back based on this?

: : : : I feel I was misled in my purchase, and I'd like to know what to do...

: : : : Any ideas?
: : : : Sean
: : : Were you happy with your jacket when you got it? What really has changed? The D rings are slightly different than the ones in a certain scene in the movie? The collar is not the exact shape as Fords was? How do you know the patterns are different? I am not trying to be a smart ass but we are talking about a jacket. I won't
: : : speak for anyone else but I paid $250 and I feel I got a jacket that looks pretty darn close to the jackets in the movie. Remember the way the jacket looks in real life and the way the director intended you to see it on the big screen could be significantly different.
: : : Just my $.02

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]