Flights Suits Horsehide A2 arrived today, BUT...................

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michigan Smith from spider-wb054.proxy.aol.com on October 02, 2000 at 18:18:29:

It's too short in the sleeves, too tight across the back, and is NOT the model they told me (twice mind you, by e-mail and phone) I was ordering. I first inquired about a historical version A2 on their clearance page. They e-mailed me back saying it was no longer available, but told me they had a civil version A2 that was not yet listed. I compared the two models, and decided that a civil version was probably a better choice anyways (has more features; pockets, facings). I phoned in the order and was again told it would be a horsehide civil A2 in mahogany brown, size 42R. It arrived today and is the historical version!?!?!.
The mahogany brown is the right color for an Indy jacket. It is much heavier and stiffer than I had expected, after getting the small sample swatch. It even has a sample swatch attached to it's sales tag, which feels much different than the jacket itself. The thickness of the leather at the collar, where you have 4 or more layers thick sewn, really made the collar look bulky and lay "weird". I am most disappointed, and the jacket is going back for a refund tommorrow. Would I order another jacket from them? Maybe? I'd have to see some really glowing reports and reviews from numerous people. As I had sort of expected, their "standard" size will not fit me right (I need a 42R with long sleeves). This jacket is marked a 42R, and is really big in the body/chest, but tight across the back of the shoulders, and they didn't put any extra length in the sleeves. I doubt even a 42L with another 1.5" in the sleeves would be enough. So I'm out about $10 or $12 bucks for shipping costs, with a lessen learned. I will now probably place an order for a cowhide Wested when I get back from vacation in a few weeks.
Submitted, MI Smith

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]