Re: If you don't mind my asking...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 02, 2000 at 19:27:20:

In Reply to: If you don't mind my asking... posted by JuggleEwok on October 02, 2000 at 19:08:16:

: : I'm debating the different leathers in my mind for a second and hopefully final Flight Suits jacket purchase for a long time. I'll have a bulletproof horsehide version. Goat has never done anything for me - no offense guys!

: I don't know much of anything about leather, so I'm wondering... what is different about the goat that makes you not like it as much? Look, feel, etc?

Well, the pebble finish common to goat is not to my liking. Also, the different goatskin jacket's I've examined have a strong smell I don't care for. Finally, somebody (it was either Peter Botwright or David Hack - exactly who escapes me) said I would not find a very good jacket mad from goat in my size. Apparently, the little buggers are not very big; therefore it is hard to find a one-piece panel for the rear of a jacket big enough (for anything 46 on up) without getting out to parts of the hide they don't like to keep.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: