Absolutely!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuggleEwok from spider-tn022.proxy.aol.com on October 02, 2000 at 23:25:19:

In Reply to: Re: More Alden Questions... posted by Kenal0 on October 02, 2000 at 22:38:15:

: : Thanks for the feedback. I got a couple more questions though. Are the shoes very flexible? All the boots I've had over the years always seemed kind of restricting, do you have a pretty wide range of motion with Aldens? Do they look normal if you wear them with jeans, or do they look too dressy? And if you wear them with jeans do the bottoms of the legs ever get hung up on the boots? When I get out of cars when I wear other boots it seems like I always have to pull my pants legs back down over the boots.

: : Thanks.
: They are very thin leather compared to other work type boots so they are contour very nicely to your ankles. Your pants should not get hung up. They are also very soft right out of the box. The break in time is very mimimal. I only wear Alden shoes as my every day work shoe so I actually had 3 pair before I even knew about them.(You think $200 is bad for work boots how about $400 for penny loafers!)
: They loafers should last 15 years and are worth every penny. So far I have had them 2 years and they are in great shape. I order mine from
: http://www.aldenshop.com/ They only carry Aldens and take good care of you. Talk to them first as they have a few different lasts(shoe shapes). They can advise you best on the size you might need. They also will take care of you if you ever have a problem. I only let Alden replace my heals. They are a little more expensive but the shoes come back like new.( If you ever do have anything done make sure you tell them not to polish them up otherwise they will come back looking like new.) Worth $200, considering my feet are carrying around 142 lbs all day I want to take care of them.They are the only boots I ever wore that feel like shoes and not boots.

When I wear mine, I can almost forget that they're there... it's only the weight that reminds me. If you tie them to the top, they conform completely to your foot and I've never had any problems with them and my pant legs, unlike other shoes/boots. Also, at first they look a bit awkward as they're all shiny, but give it a week or two and they'll look great with casual clothing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]