Re: Stretching a leather jacket larger?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenal0 from 204-233-248-066.chicago.verio.net on October 03, 2000 at 09:56:49:

In Reply to: Stretching a leather jacket larger? posted by Joey on October 03, 2000 at 00:27:45:

: Hi there. While this question isn't directly Indy related, I think you guys might be of some help as I notice you seem to have a vast knowledge base about leather and leather jackets.
: My friend bought a leather jacket off of ebay that is supposed to be size 40, even says so in the label. It looks good on him, but he'd still like it to ideally be a bit larger, especially in the length of the sleeves. Does anyone here know if it's possible to stretch the leather a bit? I suggested maybe hanging something evenly off of the sleeves for awhile, but I really am just guessing here. We assume neither water nor heat would be a good idea!

: Any info would be appreciated.

I have had 2 jackets lengthened in the sleeves. On both the FS and the Wested there was enough material to have my tailor lengthen the sleeves without disrupting the look of the jacket. My experience with leather is it won't stretch and quite possible would shrink if it got wet and was dryed rapidly by a heater or by some other method.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]