lol - yes, I've been through the "eye crossing" routine as well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 03, 2000 at 11:47:32:

In Reply to: WESTED question for PATTERSON... posted by Shawnkara on October 03, 2000 at 05:37:45:

: OK, I'm feeling less hostile now. I got the position of the elsatic 'girders' right and my pleats are behaving. I noticed in Raiders, in at least one scene, the rear portion of the side straps are attached to the face of the back panel as with the Cooper, not to the inside as with the Wested. How is the FS configured? Sorry, I know you've covered this but I can't recall the info and my eyes are crossing from scanning the vault for the post.

The pics of the prototype show the attachment under the panel. The placement of them on top was one of the final modifications that was needed. The answer is, they will be on top.

If you go through RotLA scene by scene (and sometimes just frame by frame) you will see two basic configurations. Some jackets appear to have the attachment under the seam, while others are on top. Some jackets appear to have d-rings, while others have the rectangular rings. In some sequences (the flying wing is about the easiest to spot) there appear to be two different jackets. The differences seem to revolve around the strap configuration (attachment and ring shape). We kicked this around for some time - which way to go? Then the availability of an original made it easy - whatever setup it has, we're going with. The though being that nobody could fault us for what was sitting right in front of us.

I hope this helps?

BTW - the very best sequences for seeing what the FS jacket will look like? The opening temple sequence, the bar fight (not the Indy/Marion encounter before the fight, but pretty much everything after "Let her go!"), The Iman's House, and the Well of Souls.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: