Re: Introduction and Noel Howard Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Professor Jones from 198.30.143.111 on October 03, 2000 at 15:57:40:

In Reply to: Introduction and Noel Howard Question posted by Baldwyn on October 03, 2000 at 15:14:14:

: Hi folks,

: I've been a lurker for some time now, and have recently purchased (and received, took 6 weeks) a LC Wested jacket, MKVII bag (from Noel) and Aldens. When I first got the jacket, it looked like crap, and all I could see were things that were wrong with it. But after wearing it for awhile, it's really starting to look good, must be the second-skin lamb phenomenon :) I'm sure it'll look even better once it's aged, but that still doesn't stop me from drooling over the Flight Suits jacket.

: My question is about Noel's pants and shirt offerings. The pictures off of IndyGear and on other sites kind've make me wary. For some reason, most don't seem to pull off the look. Both often look a little too shiny, and the shirt seems a bit too heavy, and too grey (except that Ebay auction picture Patterson just put up). I have the LLBean shirt, and it definately is too heavy, and even the small seems a little too big for me (it's not that I'm bone-skinny, just small framed, I guess, I wear a 40 Wested). I've looked for similar shirts, and basically anything that comes close is in the Noel price range. As for the pants, LLBean's "natural fit" is very very baggy on the back-flaps is a hard detail to fill. BTW, we know that Indy's jacket was a 38-40, what is his waist size?

: Anyways, what are people's impression of the shirt and pants? How do they look for pulling off a real Indy look?

: Thanks, and it's been a real pleasure having all of you help fuel my Indy addiction :)

: Baldwyn

I have the Noel Howard shirt and pants (ROTLA and TOD versions for
both). The shirt is not heavy at all. In fact, it is a light cotton
that is very comfortable in warm weather... nearly a "dress" shirt
in texture (i.e., very smooth... no noticable fabric grain). The
pants are quite nice as well. The grain of the fabric is easily
visible (something I didn't expect), but they are very comfortable.
I've worn them in my classroom as well as hiking around flea markets,
etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Professor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: