Thanks!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 03, 2000 at 18:15:08:

In Reply to: Re: My thoughts on the FS Expedition Jacket... posted by Kenal0 on October 03, 2000 at 18:03:32:

: Jacket looks great. My personal opinion is that your jacket will look
: like a well broke in Raiders jacket before mine which is lambskin. The lambskin is just too soft and will not show the creasing and patina like the horsehide is going to. If I did not have 3 horsehide A-2s in my closet along with a few horsehide motorcycle jackets I would order 1 today. Now wear it, sit on it, throw it around a bit (all in a loving way) and in a short time that jacket will look like
: a well worn Raiders jacket. The lambkskin will never show the wear like that horsehide. Very nice
: Kenal0

High praise from the horsehide crowd! Yes, I'm afraid I may be hooked on this kind of leather. Every guy who knows his salt on this horsehide says the same thing you have "sit on it, throw it in the backyard for a few days, put it on the train tracks - livingly, of course..." - I think I see a pattern. I agree - once the gloss breaks and the grain comes out, and once it "relaxes" this will be a dead-ringer. I was planning on a second in lamb, but I may just have to go with another horsehide in russet? Stick with veg, or what about chrome tanned horse? Thoughts?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: