Re: Yet another Wested question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace064.utsi.edu on October 03, 2000 at 19:00:42:

In Reply to: Yet another Wested question... posted by John Heltsley on October 03, 2000 at 09:47:14:

The correct hang should be about an inch below your belt, about even with the top of your pants pockets. This is what we've seen in research of all the Raiders photos etc. in the FS project. Regards. Michaelson

: Hey guys... Looking for people's personal experiences here... Where abouts should the bottom of the Wested Raiders hang? Should it be about 2" below your waist, or 4", or what? The reason I ask is that my first jacket was a 42" Long, and I seem to remember it hanging about 2" below my waistline. With the 44" Long (which seems to be extra-long), the button of the outside pocket is about where my waistline is, and the jacket goes down for another 4-5 inches.

: Part of the reason I ask is because I need to get my sleeves shortened, because they come up to my middle knuckles on my fingers. But, when the sleeves are shortened, the jacket needs to be/should be proportionally shortened as well. (Otherwise it'll look kinda odd.) I talked with Jerry this morning, and he indicated that from my descriptions, it sounds like it's too long. I'm wondering how other people's jacket fit; That way I can get more accurate measurements for Wested to fix my jacket. (No tailors around here would touch it.)

: Thanks!

: - John Heltsley
: jheltsley@home.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: