Re: Indy's bag is not an MK VII......... ?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn001a-p2-051.cybertours.com on October 03, 2000 at 22:53:27:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's bag is not an MK VII......... ? posted by Dr.Brody on October 02, 2000 at 06:57:01:

: : It's bothered me since the day mine arrived in the mail, and now I can show you what I mean. Check out the new pics in the gallery, in particular the one where Harrison is relaxing in a lawn chair. To me the bag has always looked far too big to be an MK VII. I think possibly an MK VII was stripped down to create a base pattern and a larger version was created from it by Berman & Nathan's. Comments?

: : Strange, all the bags in the Lucasfilm archives are MK Vll's with the markings inside and everything. Dr.Brody

Keep this in mind about the MKVII bags: They were made by both Great Britain AND Canada, and I have personally had in my possession 6 of these bags, some canadian, and some british. Not only were they various shades of khaki and olive green (one in particular was a really dark olive green), but I had three different sizes. One was quite wide. I wouldn't worry too much about this difference. There is no way we'll be able to measure exactly how big his bag was. I cannot imagine that they constructed one from scratch and bothered to include the metal disk on the outside. I am certain they are MKVII's and if you look at the differences in colors between the film bags (even within films), you'll see that they all vary slightly. The bags worn by the stuntmen were pretty banged up. I remember seeing Vic Armstrong wearing one that was pretty mangled. They were the MkVII.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]