Re: Squeaky Westeds?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gabby Jones from user-2iniup0.dialup.mindspring.com on October 04, 2000 at 01:19:13:

In Reply to: Squeaky Westeds? posted by Austin Powers on October 03, 2000 at 23:41:09:

: I've had my new finish lambskin Wested Raiders jacket for about a year and a half now and the leather still kinda "squeaks". I'm pretty sure Indy wouldn't have put up with a coat that tips off bad guys you're sneaking up on by makin' a balloon-rubbin' sound every time ya move or bend your arm. I noticed this sound as soon as I tried it on for the first time and I figured it'd go away as the jacket got broken in, but it's still there. So then I figured it was a lambskin characteristic, but I've since purchased a lambskin A-2 from USWings which doesn't squeak.

: So I'm just wondering if anyone else's noticed this about their Westeds, lambskin or otherwise. And I wonder, for those of you who've seen the new Flight Suits coat, if this jacket squeaks too.

: Austin....Danger Powers

My Wested new finish LC exhibited the silence of the lambs right out of the box. Peter explained one delay in shipping(there were 2)by saying that they had returned a batch of bad leather. So the leathers can vary from batch to batch. Having a couple of goatskin and horsehide jackets I've found that the goatskins are quietly supple while horsehide doesn't squeak, but has a certain crackle for a hell of a long time.
P.S. Thanks solo for answering my jacket length question and not crappin' out on me. I apologize for my crudeness in wanting to know how high off the coin slot the jacket should be. Having read so much about Gram1's butt I didn't think you guys were sensitive about butt cracks. I'll try and be more sensitive. Regards all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]