Re: Does Peters Bros. use thick felt?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hector from spider-we062.proxy.aol.com on October 04, 2000 at 03:56:16:

In Reply to: Does Peters Bros. use thick felt? posted by Austin Powers on October 04, 2000 at 03:19:15:

Greetings Mr. Powers... I put the sharp pinch in my hat just fine. It arrived with a tight pinch but my gut instinct was that it should be tighter so I sprayed it a little with a water bottle and clamped it with my fingers and, viola, the "Raiders" pinch. The felt is thicker but I tell you, I took my hat sailing the other day and the winds picked up so I sat it down on a chair and I periodically glanced at it, I was enthralled with the fact that it looks so damn much like the Raiders hat. Held up against movie shots and its a dead ringer. I took some photos (with what I think was bad lighting) and I am waiting for them to arrive via E-Mail. When they do I will post them as I have done some TEENY-TINY modifications which have given me that idol-stealin` scene`s hat. Right down to the slight lift of the brim on the rear left hand side. This is very noticable when Indy is shoving the torch into the floor trap and the scene is shot from an overhead view. But you will be VERY happy with the finished product aand I am sure that Joe will work with you directly to get you the EXACT look you want. He wants to do that and goes out of his way to make sure he gets it to your specifications. I went with the 2 3/4`s brim (non-dimensional cut) as I am convinced that the MOST Raiders hats...specifically the jungle/temple scene one did not have a dimensional cut brim. When he is climbing out of the pit, look at the brim....it is no-way 2 1/2 inches. Or when he first walks into the throne room with his hands on his hips....that brim goes way out. I have had too many 2 1/2 inch brimmed hats to believe the Raiders hat was 2 1/2. And with all the disbelief of Wested product I see no reason why Herbert Johnson should be viewed any different. They may have cut the brim for the later films or a couple of hats for Raiders but some were definitely not.....oops, sorry to ramble, I got carried away as I was watching Raiders earlier today looking at my Indiana Miller and my PB fedora side by side. But you will get the hat you want...Peter will see to it! Good luck and happy hat hunting-Hector

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]