Re: Does Peters Bros. use thick felt?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-wb081.proxy.aol.com on October 04, 2000 at 06:29:58:

In Reply to: Does Peters Bros. use thick felt? posted by Austin Powers on October 04, 2000 at 03:19:15:

Yes, Joe uses very thick felt. And yes, he is lenient with requests, as well as the friendliest person you will ever deal with. These are not stock hats modified to 'sorta' meet your specs. Each one is made from scratch to your EXACT SPECS!! I was very specific and my hat IS the hat from the Chachapoyan temple and bar scenes. This is the finest hat you will ever own, hands down. For the Raiders hat specifically THERE IS NO OTHER. I have read/heard more complaints about Herbert Johnson and his hats than I care to count. I have yet to hear a single complaint about Joe jr.'s work and I doubt that I ever will. And, as Hector said, the sharp Raiders pinch is very easy to achieve with this hat. As for durability I could drone on and on but I'll just say this; my four-year-old son accidentally sat on mine and it popped right back into shape. Just for the Hell of it I had him sit on my 554 Indy hat for a quality comparison and I'm STILL trying to fix it! I've seen a couple of Joe's hats with a taper to the crown, by request I'd imagine. Just be really specific about the non-taper. From a side view the front of the hat will have a slight taper, but Indy's did as well. If you doubt this look at the movie again, right after the German mechanic buys it. Indy is sitting in a tent and all you can make out is his sillouhette against the sun. You can clearly see the taper there. Any way, Joe has made so many 'Raiders specific' hats by now that he could probably do it in his sleep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]