That's a fact...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on October 04, 2000 at 16:01:28:

In Reply to: Re: ABOUT THE INDY KNIFE, FORGOT ABOUT THAT< IHAVE THE ANSWER... posted by Anejo Joe on October 04, 2000 at 15:46:51:

: : : I had made, a couple of years ago, extensive research on the knife, and finally got in contact with an extra in the Egypt scenes through a friend. There were 8 knive copies. They were made of a Cow Bone and were stainless steel, but I dont think they had stainless steel back then.

: : Thanks for this info. I've heard everything from it being Case XX to this story, but considering everything else that has come out of this movie, I never could believe that they actually had something from just off the shelf, other than the gloves. I agree, I don't believe SS was available until mid way through WWII. I'm currently wearing a 1943 vintage wrist watch, all stainless steel case, so it wasn't to long after the date of the movie that it actually became available for commercial use. Regards. Michaelson

:
: Even if stainless steel was available in the 1930's, it would probably not have been used in a knife blade he carried. The better knives today are not made of stainless, but they require a lot of care.

..but then there are a LOT of things that show up in that movie that didn't really exist until much later. It's just interesting they'd produce something like this knife (as stated above, a total of 8 in all) where it appears for all of maybe 20 seconds screen time. Ya never know about Hollywood. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]