Here's a comparison to the Miller's thickness I made a while back.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from kccfpxy2.att.com on October 04, 2000 at 17:31:13:

In Reply to: Does Peters Bros. use thick felt? posted by Austin Powers on October 04, 2000 at 03:19:15:

: I've seen the pictures of Red Four's custom Indy hat from Peters Bros. and the felt kinda seems thicker than other hats. You can really tell on the brim cut and even around the creases. Has anyone tried to get that razor-sharp Raiders pinch on theirs? It almost seems like it wouldn't work. Some of the Peters Bros. pics look like the crowns even taper slightly. I'm seriously thinking about ordering one for myself but I'd like to make sure it'll look exactly like the hat he's wearing in the idol and bar scenes. How lenient is Joe Jr. with requests? Will he make a hat from scratch with your exact preferences?

: Thanks,
: Austin....Danger Powers

The Miller is approximently 3/32 or a hair over 1/16 inch thick, while the Peters Brothers is 1/8 inch thick or a whole 1/32 inch thicker than the Miller.
I just took some lite sandpaper and went around the edge on just the top of the edge of the brim. Now it has a rounded bevel and appears thinner and more "fedora" like. It didn't reduce the brim size at all.
Cheers!
Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: