Re: Herbert Johnson Hat followup question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn006-102.cybertours.com on August 18, 1998 at 11:49:52:

In Reply to: Re: Herbert Johnson Hat followup question... posted by Michaelson on August 18, 1998 at 10:10:41:

: : Matt, I don't recall anyone being opposed to the HJ hat. It has been the Gary White Indy fedora and it's enormous price tag I've seen discussed. I personally would be tickled to death to own a HJ, but since I wear my fedora literally everyday, I think I'd be a bit nervous wearing an item on my head that costs that much that could blow off my head on a windy Tennessee winter day. I don't think my heart could take the shock. I do have a question for you. Is the felt on your hat an overall "hard" finish, or more of a velour type finish? The Poet's come both ways. Regards. Michaelson

: One more quick question...is the US dollar price of $385 correct, as listed on the Indy Diggs page? Thanks. Regards. Michaelson

excuse me for chiming in, but my two Herbert Johnson hats are both a little different, having ordered them several years apart, but both are high quality felt that have a velour finish-the newer one (a month old) more so than the older one-different felt supply from Spain. I sent my last one to a hatter here in the states to have the ribbon replaced this past year and that hatter reported this HJ hat to be singularly the nicest quality hat she has ever seen or worked on. I felt confident in my purchase before that phone call, but even more so afterward. My two cents...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]