Re: Flight Suits questions for PATTERSON...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenal0 from 204-233-248-066.chicago.verio.net on October 06, 2000 at 07:33:37:

In Reply to: Flight Suits questions for PATTERSON... posted by Shawnkara on October 06, 2000 at 03:59:33:

: I have a few questions about the jacket, now that you have one. I think the best attribute of the Wested is the tailor-made fit, which Indy's definately had. How does the FS fit? I'm a big guy like you and to get the sleeve length to my liking I always end up getting jackets a size too large. In any other circumstance this would not matter, but in trying to get Indy's jacket exactly the fit is a big issue for me. How does the FS fit, being 'off the rack'? I know they do alterations, priced exponentially to what you're having done to it. I got your post concerning how accurate the length is, so my big question is the about the sleeves. Do they have the trim, form-fitted appearence that they should or are they sort of baggy, as any 'off the rack' jacket would be? Indy's was also rather snug across the torso when zipped (scene in Marion's bar). Does it fit properly in that respect or is it baggy? Did you have any custom fitting done to yours? If so, what did it run you?
: Thanks in advance :)

The sleeves are more form fitting as they are not as large in diameter. The middle is slightly baggier than the Wested in my opinion on my FS than my Wested. Mine was one of the Protos so maybe they changed the pattern a little but the FS is definitely bigger in the mid section. It is also slightly shorter than the Wested Raiders version. I would tell FS any special requirements you need up front as maybe they can work these requests into their production and then you won't have to go back and forth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]