If you are ordering a PB Indy fedora read on...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.205 on October 06, 2000 at 20:26:40:

I have noticed several posts concerning what specs to give Joe Jr. for the Raiders fedora. I now own two, and the only difference is the crown heights. One has the 5 5/8 inch open crown height , and the other one has the 5 7/8 inch variety. Both have the front pinch coming in at 4 3/4 inches. This 1/4 inch variance in crown heights gives you the look of the two styled hats used in the raiders film. The brims are both 2 3/4 x 2 5/8 inches. Forget about the 2 1/2 on the sides, as this may be fine for the fedoras used in the other films, but not the Raiders fedora. I wear a size 7 1/4, and these specs should be good for say, up to size 7 3/8. Above that, you may consider Patterson's specs. His open crown height was 6 inches, but you must remember, he wears a 7 5/8 too. A 6 inch crown on a 7 1/4 head looks a little too tall, unless you go for the Abe Lincoln look. And his brim specs would be too much brim, afterall, this is a fedora, and not a cowboy hat!. Now my 5 5/8 crowned fedora is a dead ringer for the "streets of Cairo" fedora. Not much crown sticks up above the front pinch, and it has a bit of a square look, for lack of a better term. My other fedora looks just like the fedora in the bar scene with Marion, with the brim sides turned up a bit. One thing that I really liked about this last PB fedora, was Joe bashed it identical on the front as the one Indy has on in the bar scene with belloq. This isn't a common fedora bash. Anyway, I thought this might help the folks that are in the market now for a PB fedora, and might mistakenly order Patterson's specs, not realizing that this dude has one big head! No offense to our jacket mentor. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]