Hmmmm....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 09, 2000 at 12:20:14:

In Reply to: Comparison pics of Flightsuit leather swatches on Wested new lambskin posted by red four on October 05, 2000 at 19:36:39:

: Hi,

: I received the leather swatches today. I asked for them the day before yesterday, and they got them right out! Says alot about the service at flightsuits. They did not send a sample of the new finish lambskin however. I believe this finish is available though, am I correct?

: I was surprised that the Goatskin samples were not as "pebbly" grained as I had expected. The Horsehide was very fine grained and flexible, but the color was really light. Patterson, is this the color of your jacket? Or is there another shade available?

: Anyway, hit the link for some more pics. I hope these help.

: Thanks,

: John D

Looks like the horsehide you have is the russet. The mahogany is darker with a reddish tone - not 100% accurate, but to my personal liking. On authenticity? A lot has been said about the Wested new finish lambskin being the right color. The fact of the patter is that the original jacket I examined had more red in it than the lambskin you get from Wested. If I were to rate the leathers on accuracy for color, I'd say the FS mahogany is just as far off the original as the Wested new finish lambskin. The closest thing I've ever seen is a predistressed Wested cowhide after one treatment of Pecards.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: