My personal struggle...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 09, 2000 at 12:38:59:

In Reply to: Flight Suits questions for PATTERSON... posted by Shawnkara on October 06, 2000 at 03:59:33:

Well, this is one I've struggled with for quite some time. Finally, I realized that the shape of my body is more Jesse Ventura than Harrison Ford. That said, I'll really never have the same look and fit as Mr. Ford. What were his sizes? A 40 chest and a 32 waist? That’s a ratio of 0.80:1 of waist to chest. I'm a 48 chest with a 36 waist - 0.75:1. As that ratio drops, the "fit" you get changes - per the tailor I bug for this kind of stuff. He has helped me on this personal journey, for which I have repaid him by paying his exorbitant fees to have my suits tailored! His analogy that helped me was this – I’ll look better in an Italian suit, while Ford can wear the stuff the Brits make on Saville Row. The cuts are just different. The Italians tend to be a bit swarthier – his words not mine, though I think he was taking a shot at my gene pool.

Back to your question - the fit is a trim as I can hope for. I'm used to having the side straps taken in all the way, and the fit with the jacket zipped is the same I get with my Wested’s - and I did have Peter taper them to my waist measurements. The place where the Expedition really performs is when you move in it. The pleats and gussets function, with the result being mobility I've never had in a jacket.

Hope in all this rambling you find an answer to the question?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: