Re: So do we want the movies to continue after Ford retires his Fedora? Yes-No- Explain

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tp074.proxy.aol.com on October 10, 2000 at 03:01:35:

In Reply to: Re: So do we want the movies to continue after Ford retires his Fedora? Yes-No- Explain posted by Indy Fan 2-58712304510238 + 7903 on October 10, 2000 at 01:04:21:

I have to strongly disagree. I don't know what your position is in the film industry but, if you're a writer, then you need to realize that the beauty of fictional characters is that they never die. I put all this in a teadious, lengthy post but I'll say a bit of again for you. I draw, paint, sculpt, design toys and miniatures and have written a sci-fi novel that will be published around Summer 2001. Indy is responsible for all of this. "Raiders" set me on the paths of the above pursuits as a child. Kenner did not make the playsets that I wanted, so I had to learn how to do it. The internet was not around to provide me with Indy gear, so I had to learn how to design clothes and sew. I was so intent on creating story lines with my Indy action figures that I actually started scripting them! And, of course, that led to storyboarding them as well. I've had a richer life for all of this, and it all started with "Raiders of the Lost Ark". My big point is, sure, Harrison Ford will always be OUR Indy and the trilogy will always be OUR Indy films. But I hate to think that the positive influence it had on me may be lost on future generations simply because one man grows too old to play the role. I fully agree that the Indy films are ageless, but even the greatest moments in film history go only so far before gradually fading into obscurity. Anyway at the current rate, technology will be such that they can digitally recreate Ford at any age they desire by the time they do another film.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]