Holy $#!% that's to funny! LOL (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Canadiana Jones from eo0d41ogb37xj.bc.hsia.telus.net on October 10, 2000 at 04:12:38:

In Reply to: What can you do in your costume besides wear it? posted by John Freudenthal on October 09, 2000 at 23:41:43:

: Now that I am acquiring some of the gear, I want to do more than just put it on and wear it around. I wear some of it when hiking and camping, but it isn't enough. I have these urges to jump, dive, run, whip objects/people, etc. But it is kind of silly doing things without purpose or goals. So I have come up with a solution...IndyGear Softball!!!

: I currently play softball and I just love diving and sliding. It feels so Indy-like. So why not form softball teams with everyone wearing their gear?

: Here's a few proposals:

: 1) Opposing teams are distinguished by the blatantly obvious variations in the costumes for each of the movies (example, ToD-style vs. ROTLA-style. Or we could choose strictly jacket styling, Wested vs. Flightsuits).

: 2) Instead of using gloves, balls are caught with either the MKVII bag or the hat.

: 3) Runners must dive or do "penitent man rolls" at each base. A Raiders fanfare will accompany each such event.

: 4) Runners may be tagged with whips.

: 5) When confronted with a highly skilled batter, the pitcher may elect to just shoot the batter instead of walking him.

: I think the above is enough to make the game fun, without becoming too complex. I was also thinking about a chasm to swing across between 2nd and 3rd base, but that would complicate the fielding too much.

: Any furthur suggestions for this game, or a completely different activity, would be welcomed.

: John Freudenthal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]