Re: Here's an idea that may allow the character to continue without Ford

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tha Spatsman from spider-tf073.proxy.aol.com on October 10, 2000 at 10:32:54:

In Reply to: So do we want the movies to continue after Ford retires his Fedora? Yes-No- Explain posted by Greg on October 10, 2000 at 00:47:26:

: Alright it seems to me like a lot of people have some good ideas as to people who could possibily carry on the indiana jones character and keep it up to par with what we are accustomed to.
: But the real question is would the likely producers/directors/etc..etc.. be open to this possibility? 2) Would they listen to the fans if there was enough support for this?

: Ok I also understand that the young indiana jones with flannery are obviously prequels, and while they are not terribile movies in and of themselves, they never seemed to connect like the(Real) movies do, it just seemed like there was always something missing. When I mentioned that they should possibily do a prequel, i was thinking along the lines of something like..Indy's first adventures..say with Ravenwood..his subsequent first meeting with Marion and the history that followed into Raiders..something like that

: Please give me your opinions...Lets start a movement or something :)

Personally, I like the idea of Indy:The University years. By the time Indy is introduced to us in Temple of Doom, he is quite comfortable as the gun-shooting, whip-cracking, treasure hunting cad and hero.
Flannery never gave that type of impression. I wanna see Indy after the Flannery timeframe, from about 1927-1934, a globe-trotting daredevil that tries to keep the dean happy with his unpredictable schedule. The Fedora, the whip, the pouch, the gun, the jacket, the clothes...all would be there. We could explore the relationships with Jock, Sallah, Forrestal, Marcus, the Ravenwoods, and of course, Belloq.
The late 20's and early 30's were ripe with occult societies, secret cults, unexplored temples, ruins and castles, archaelogical speculation, the revival of ancient myths...I think this could be fun.
My vote is yes, give us a television series or a movie series that deals with Indy as the college bachelor, aiming for his doctorate one day and polishing his skills to the point that doing business with Chinese thugs or braving Hovitos indians is just another day at the office.
~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]